Tuesday 13th August 2019
The University of Stirling are looking to appoint a Netball Coach for the upcoming season. The role involves delivering coaching sessions to Stirling Universities Women’s Netball Team throughout the academic year. For more details read below.
The University of Stirling wishes to appoint a Netball Coach to deliver services to the University of Stirling’s Women’s Netball Team that compete in Scottish and British Universities’ competitions. You will be required to provide coaching services on a weekly basis and attend competitive matches across the two academic semesters throughout the year. Coaches will be required to implement an effective programme that produce winning performances in student and mainstream sport competitions. Opportunities exist to liaise with appropriate sports science and strength and conditioning staff to help design and monitor the netball performance programmes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement an appropriate Netball performance programme in keeping with the aims and objectives of the Sports Union and Sports Development Service.
- Coordinate with key members of staff regarding other support such as S&C
- Manage effectively a select squad of performance netball players. This includes establishing performance targets, devising appropriate competition schedules and developing an integrated timetable for netball, academic and lifestyle commitments for each player.
- Design and deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performances of student players and which attains performance objectives as indicated by the Sports Union.
- Attend appropriate competitions with teams.
- It is not essential to be at all training sessions – availability would be agreed on appointment. The current training Times are the following:
Pay: Hourly rate based on experience
Please contact: To apply please submit a CV and cover letter to Christopher.email@example.com
Closing date: 27/08/2019 at 5pm
Job Description: For a full job description including person specification please see attached.BACK TO LIST