Wednesday 24th June 2020
Archery Vice Chair (Development)
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Archery Vice Chair (Development) to drive the development of student archery in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Archery Vice Chair (Development)
Responsible to: SSS Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, up to 10-15 hours a month, with preferred attendance at up to 4 tournament days
Role duration: Minimum one year – until 30th June 2021
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as one of the lead volunteers within Scottish Student Archery.
The Vice Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with Scottish Archery.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening archery in Scotland’s Higher Education network.
The Vice Chair will work with the SS Archery Committee and SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, manage a budget, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers an, in particular, improve both SGB engagement & club development.
Assist with Programme Management:
- Help Chair coordinate, and then attend, meeting(s) for all student Archery Club captains to discuss plans for the year including an end of season review session
- Offer assistance to Chair and Vice Chair (Competitions) at events in event delivery wherever possible
Manage Promotion of SS Archery
- Manage social media channels for SS Archery
- Ensure photography and videos from regular events and competitions are shared through social media
- Share results from events and competitions through social media
- Publicise upcoming events and sign-up via social media
Manage Mapping Project of SS Archery
- Work with Scottish Archery and SSS to undertake mapping project in line with 2020-22 Partnership Agreement
- Work closely with captains to gather data and present findings back to SA & SSS
Support club engagement, development and member retention
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student archery in Scotland
- Knowledge of archery landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chair Development Day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Vice Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a minimum term of one year and may stand for the role of Archery Chair if the role is vacant at the close of the year. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Jess Barrows, Competitions Coordinator, no later than midnight on Sunday 12th July 2020.
This role can be downloaded in PDF format HEREBACK TO LIST