Tuesday 6th August 2019
Athletics Club Head Coach
Edinburgh University Athletics Club are looking to recruit a volunteer head coach for the upcoming 2019/20 season.
Edinburgh University Athletics Club are a diverse but close-knit community who cater for both those interested in general fitness and those competing on a national and international level. Our athletes are regular medallists and finalists at competitive events such as BUCS and SUCA and we hope to not only continue this success but also widen participation in these events. We look forward to welcoming a likeminded individual with enthusiasm for the sport and a passion for athlete development.
Training times: Wednesdays 15:00 – 17:00 from September to May at Saughton Sports Complex, Edinburgh.
Hours per week: 2 (volunteer role)
– Level 1 coaching qualification.
– Previous experience of planning and/or delivering a coaching plan (desirable), and an understanding of both sprint and endurance running and ideally of throwing and jumping events as well; ability to lead club sessions on Wednesdays with the assistance of student training secretaries; responsibility of evaluating athlete’s performances and aiding athlete development.
– Ability to attend monthly (though flexible) coaching team meetings and be in regular communication with clubs committee.
– A maximum of 75 hours is expected between September and May (academic year).
– Access to Edinburgh University Sports Union’s Coaching and Volunteering Academy and a student priced Pleasance gym membership.
– The chance to coach high achieving athletes; financial assistance with coach education courses, where agreed appropriate.
– Free entry to all club dinners and balls; two pieces of club PlayerLayer kit; travel allowances to events.
Please contact: email@example.com with a CV and covering letter
Closing date: 09.09.2019BACK TO LIST