Monday 12th August 2019
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Boxing Chair to drive the development of student boxing in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Boxing Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with one full weekend tournament
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Boxing.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport and building a relationship with Boxing Scotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student boxing in Scotland.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, budget management, strategic planning, communicating with the student participants and SGB engagement.
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Boxing Club captains at the start of the year to share plans for the year
- Develop and manage Boxing Sport Development Plan
- Promote student boxing competitions and opportunities to clubs
- Oversee Boxing programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Develop Student Boxing calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator and Boxing Scotland
- Chair a Championship Committee to plan Scottish Student Boxing Championships
- Deliver Scottish Student Boxing Championships, liaising with Competitions Coordinator, Boxing Scotland, and host club
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Boxing Club captains at the end of the year to review and to plan for the following year
- Other tasks as identified by Boxing Development Plan
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student boxing in Scotland
- Knowledge of boxing landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chairs’ Training day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Ben Philip, Head of Competitions, no later than 5pm on Sunday, September 8th 2019.BACK TO LIST