Monday 29th June 2020
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Futsal Chair to drive the development of student futsal in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Futsal Chair
Responsible to: SSS Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, up to 10-15 hours a month, with 4-6 fixture days
Role duration: Minimum one year – until 30th June 2021
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as one of the lead volunteers within Scottish Student Futsal.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with Scottish Football Association (SFA).
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening futsal in Scotland’s Higher Education network.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, manage a budget, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Futsal Club Captains at the beginning and end of the year
- Promote activities of Scottish Student Futsal & clubs, and encourage engagement through social media
- Help Development and Competitions Assistant administrate futsal programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Work closely with SS Football Chair to collaborate where appropriate
- Develop Student Futsal calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator and SFA
- Support club engagement and development
- Develop a Futsal Development Plan with SSS Staff
- Help deliver BUCS round robin competition weekends, liaising with Development & Competitions Assistant
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student futsal in Scotland
- Knowledge of futsal landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chair Development Day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a minimum term of one year. Individuals may re-stand for the position of Chair. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Jess Barrows, Competitions Coordinator, no later than 5pm on Monday 20th July 2020.
This role can be downloaded in PDF format HEREBACK TO LIST