Friday 1st May 2020
Men’s Lacrosse Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Men’s Lacrosse Chair to drive the development of student lacrosse in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Mens’ Lacrosse Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, up to 10-15 hours a month, with 4-5 full day tournaments
Role duration: Minimum one year – until 30th June 2021
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Men’s Lacrosse.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with Lacrosse Scotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening lacrosse in Scotland’s Higher Education network.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, manage a budget, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Lacrosse Club captains at the start of the year to share plans for the year
- Promote student lacrosse competitions to clubs
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Lacrosse Club captains at the end of the year to review and to plan for the following year
Develop student lacrosse
- Recruit student members for the Lacrosse Development Group
- Co-Chair Lacrosse Development Group, with Women’s Chair, up to 4 meetings per year, and oversee group members project work
- Manage Lacrosse Sport Development Plan
- Other tasks as identified by Lacrosse Development Plan
- Coordinate logistics for student competitions with SSS Competitions Coordinator
- Deliver student competition with Lacrosse Scotland
- Oversee Lacrosse programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Develop Student Lacrosse Competition calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator & Lacrosse Scotland
Review and Support National Squad programme
- Liaise with SSS, Lacrosse Scotland and Home Nation teams to establish viability of National Squad programmes
- Oversee appointment of coaching staff and team manager for each National Squad programme (unless you want to fill one of these roles yourself)
- Promote National Squad programme to all student clubs
- Work with Team Manager to identify suitable playing programme for National Squad
- Potential to travel with National Squad to support competition (only applicable to Team Manager role)
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student lacrosse in Scotland
- Knowledge of lacrosse landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chair Development Day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a minimum term of one year. Individuals may re-stand for the position of Chair. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Jess Barrows, Competitions Coordinator, no later than 5pm on Monday 8th June 2020 – deadline extended.
This role can be downloaded in PDF format HEREBACK TO LIST