Tuesday 7th January 2020
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Netball Chair to drive the development of student netball in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Netball Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with 1-2 full day tournaments
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Netball.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with Netball Scotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening netball in Scotland.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, budget management, strategic planning, communicating with the student participants and SGB engagement.
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Netball Club captains at the start of the year to share plans for the year
- Update and share student netball handbook across all team captains
- Develop and manage Netball Sport Development Plan
- Promote student netball competitions and opportunities to clubs
- Maintain student netball umpire database to assist clubs
- Oversee Netball programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Develop Student Netball calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator, Head of Development, Netball Scotland, and BUCS
- Deliver Scottish Student Netball Championships, in conjunction with SSS Competitions Coordinator
- Support club engagement and development
- Promote activities of Scottish Student Netball and clubs and encourage engagement through social media
- Oversee appointment of coaching team and team manager for National Squad programme
- Promote National Squad programme to all student clubs
- Work with Team Manager to identify suitable playing programme for National Squad
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Netball Club captains at the end of the year to review and to plan for the following year
- Other tasks as identified by Netball Development Plan
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student netball in Scotland
- Knowledge of netball landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chairs’ Training day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a term of two years, with the option of a 3rd year in discussion with SSS staff. Individuals may re-stand for the position of Chair. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Nicola Scott, Head of Development, no later than 5pm on Sunday, February 2nd 2020.BACK TO LIST