Monday 7th October 2019
ScotStuNetball National Squad Team Manager
We are looking to recruit a new Team Manager for the ScotStuNetball National Squad.
Role title: National Squad Team Manager
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various (primarily Scotland, with some UK travel possible)
Time commitment: Variable, 10-20 hours per month in season, including some full/multi day tournament commitments
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for netball to join the tribe as Team Manager of our National Squad.
The role is critical in delivering one of the flagship national squad programmes delivered by SSS. The programme has over the last few years enjoyed consistent success against Ireland and has regularly competed in a Home Nations tournament.
The team manager is responsible for all of the logistics of the programme including, but not limited to, schedule, facilities, travel and accommodation, kit, and equipment.
In addition, it is expected that the team manager will build and foster close relationships with all student clubs providing players to the programme.
- Work with the Head of Competitions (HC) and Scottish Student Netball Development Group to appoint the coaching team
- In conjunction with the Competitions & Development Assistant (DCA), organise Trial(s) for the programme
- In conjunction with the DCA, and the coaching team, plan and organise the training schedule
- Confirm kit requirements with HC, and manage kit distribution, maintenance, and retention over the course of the season
- Liaise with student clubs about programme schedule and requirements, as well as about individual players
- Liaise with community clubs about programme schedule and requirements, as well as about individual players
- Work with HC to organise a set of fixtures for the season
- Work with DCA to ensure all logistics are organised for all activity, including facility, accommodation, travel bookings, as well as kit and equipment
- Identify appropriate sponsorship opportunities and work with SSS office staff to bring these to fruition
- Attend all training sessions & fixtures for the programme
- Produce regular online content on the programme, with specific requirement for match reports, in conjunction with SSS Communications Coordinator
- Sit on the Scottish Student Netball Development Group
- Manage annual programme budget, as set by HC
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Knowledge of student netball in Scotland
- Knowledge and understanding of netball landscape in Scotland
- Knowledge and understanding of key requirements of a performance environment
- Understanding of different requirements of a representative squad, including team building/squad cohesion
- Ability to build relationships, internally and externally to grow the programme
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders, including written and spoken communication skills
- Strong diplomacy skills to ensure that the differing demands on the programme (players, coaches, clubs, budget) exist in harmony
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Willingness to take on roles as required beyond the standard role description
- Experience of logistical support of a netball squad
- Experience of team managing a performance squad
- Experience of successful managing an annual budget
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid.
- Initial appointment will be for 2 years with a further year option upon agreement by both parties.
- Application is by CV and cover letter to Ben Philip, Head of Competitions, email@example.com.
- Application deadline is Sunday, October 16th 2019