Friday 22nd November 2019
Scottish Student Cycling Vice Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Vice Chair for the ScotStuCycling programme.
Role title: Scottish Student Cycling Vice Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 5-10 hours a month and, in addition, 3-4 full days at SSS Cycling Events
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the vice chair volunteer within Scottish Student Cycling programme.
The Vice Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport and building a relationship with Scottish Cycling.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student cycling in Scotland.
The Vice Chair will work with SSS staff and the Chair to coordinate event delivery, budget management, strategic planning, communicating with the student participants and SGB engagement.
This is a one year position, with the intention being that the successful candidate would take over the Chair role in 2020/21.
- Assist the Chair with the development of the SSS Cycling Series
- Help coordinate a meeting for all student Cycling Club captains at the start of the year to share plans for the year
- Help promote student cycling competitions and opportunities to clubs
- Assist in the organisation of the SSS Criterium Championships
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management (not essential)
- Experience of student cycling in Scotland
- Knowledge of the cycling scene in Scotland
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid.
- Initial appointment will be for 1 year with the intention for the successful candidate to take over the role of Chair in 2020/21.
- Application is by CV and cover letter to Ben Philip, Head of Competitions, email@example.com.
- Application deadline is Sunday, January 19th 2020