Monday 1st July 2019
Women’s Lacrosse Chair
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Women’s Lacrosse
Role title: Scottish Student Women’s Lacrosse Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with 4-5 full day tournaments
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Women’s Lacrosse.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with Lacrosse Scotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening lacrosse in Scotland.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, budget management, strategic planning, communicating with the student participants and SGB engagement.
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Lacrosse Club captains at the start of the year to share plans for the year
- Recruit student members for the Lacrosse Development Group
- Co-Chair Lacrosse Development Group, with Men’s Chair, up to 4 meetings per year, and oversee group members project work
- Manage Lacrosse Sport Development Plan
- Promote student lacrosse competitions to clubs
- Coordinate logistics for student competitions with SSS Competitions Coordinator
- Deliver student competition with Lacrosse Scotland
- Oversee Lacrosse programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Develop Student Lacrosse Competition calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator & Lacrosse Scotland
- Oversee appointment of coaching team and team manager for National Squad programme
- Promote National Squad programme to all student clubs
- Work with Team Manager to identify suitable playing programme for National Squad
- Coordinate a meeting for all student Lacrosse Club captains at the end of the year to review and to plan for the following year
- Other tasks as identified by Lacrosse Development Plan
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student lacrosse in Scotland
- Knowledge of lacrosse landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Driving License preferred
- Coaching or officiating qualification preferred
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chairs’ Training day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
Terms of Role
- The position will be for a minimum of one year with a further two optional years by agreement between Chair and SSS staff.
- This is a voluntary position although all reasonable expenses will be covered.
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Head of Competitions – firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Sunday 28th July, 2019.