Friday 2nd September 2022
We are looking to recruit a new Vice-Chair for the Scottish Student Cricket programme.
Role Title: Scottish Student Cricket Vice-Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (Location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with 2-3 full-day tournaments
Role duration: Minimum one year – until June 2023. Option to stand for Chair role if available.
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as one of the lead volunteers within Scottish Student Cricket.
The Vice-Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport and building a relationship with Cricket Scotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student cricket in Scotland.
The Vice-Chair will work with the SS Cricket Chair and SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, coordinate captains’ meetings, assist the growth of the women’s game, participate in planning, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Coordinate and attend all student Cricket club captain meetings
- Take minutes at all student Cricket club captain meetings
- Help promote student Cricket competitions and opportunities to clubs, plus results and wider activity
Develop the sport:
- Develop relationships and work on goals set out Partnership Agreements with CS and other associations
- Assist introduction of more student development opportunities for women with the assistance of SSS Staff Members and other parties
- Help develop SS Cricket calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator and CS.
Required skills, qualities, and experience:
- Proactive can-do attitude
- Experience of student cricket in Scotland
- Knowledge of the cricket landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training and support available:
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Vice-Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
- Application is by CV and cover letter, email to Eilidh Paterson.
- The application deadline is Friday 23rd of September 2022.
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST