Wednesday 18th May 2022
We are looking to recruit a Scottish Student Rowing Vice-Chair (Communications) to drive the development of rowing in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Rowing Vice-Chair (Communications)
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 6-10 hours a month, with 3-4 full-day competitions (weekends)
Role duration: Minimum one year, until 30th June 2023 with the option to stand for Chair if available
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, seeks an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Rowing.
The Vice-Chair will have an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and develop our relationship with Scottish Rowing.
The Vice-Chair (Communications) will be responsible for celebrating the work and raising the profile of SS Rowing. With assistance from the Chair and Development Group, you will prioritise and promote opportunities to student clubs and collect feedback where appropriate.
As part of the SS Rowing Development Group, this role will focus on publicity. The Vice-Chair (Comms) will also have the chance to create and deliver a development plan, ranging from competition, workforce, and club development. You will help to set new policies for student rowing and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time.
Overall, you will represent the interests of all member institutions and student clubs to improve rowing for students in Scotland.
- Represent and celebrate the student rowing community
- Work within the group to identify key areas for the coming year e.g. setting up social media accounts and creating campaigns to raise the profile of the sport
- Drive specific communication outcomes as agreed by the Chair and Development Group
- Take and circulate minutes for Development Group meetings
- Help gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on Development Group areas of work
- Help develop sport-specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- An interest in social media and news stories
- Proactive can-do attitude
- Experience of student rowing in Scotland
- Knowledge of rowing landscape in Scotland
- Commitment to representing student rowing clubs to drive rowing forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Vice-Chair, and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Vice-Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a minimum term of one year.
Application is by a cover letter and CV and should be sent to Eilidh Paterson, Inclusion & Culture Development Coordinator, at email@example.com.
This role can be downloaded in PDF format HERE.
BACK TO LIST