Thursday 14th November 2019
Look out your thermals, jackets, scarves, headwear – whatever you have and join us in sleeping out. We are inviting you to join the movement and Sleep Out on Saturday 7th of December to raise funds and tackle the problem of homelessness is Scotland. Find out more here!
Scottish Student Sport have joined forces with Will Smith, Dame Helen Mirren, Georgia Moran and Chris Martin in a one-off global campaign – The World’s Big Sleep Out. On Saturday 7th of December the Scottish Student Sport team will be taking to Princess Street Gardens to sleep out for the night to raise money and support the charity Social Bite – who are doing remarkable work to help fight homelessness in Scotland.
SSS will be sleeping out along with 50,000 other people on Saturday 7th of December in a campaign which will stretch across 50 cities worldwide. We have arranged for free spaces to be available for all Scottish Student Sport clubs, members, institutions, staff, students and friends to participate in this unique event.
📽 WATCH | Georgia Moran, Will Smith, Dame Helen Mirren and Chris Martin invite YOU to sleep out.
Here’s how to register:
- Follow the link to register and join the SSS Sleep Out Team
- Click the first option – Sign up as an individual or team – don’t worry the £15 charge will be waived after registering.
- Register your own information name, address, contact details etc.
- Submit a fundraising goal.
- When it comes to the ‘Create/Join a team section’. Select find and search for SSS Sleep Out. Join this team.
- Before you hit continue make sure you enter the discount code: SSS19 this will clear the £15 registration fee.
- Your ticket is free and you don’t have to pay the registration fee, however you still need to commit to raising as much money as you can with your fundraising to help people in a situation of homelessness in our area and throughout the world.
- When you register using this discount code, you will be join the Scottish Student Sport Team and will be fundraising and participating together for this important cause.
- For more information head to the World’s Big Sleep Out website.
- Read more about the great work Social Bite are doing to help fight homelessness in Scotland.
SSS are delighted to support this amazing one-off campaign and are excited to join the movement to tackle homelessness in Scotland and throughout the world.BACK TO LIST