The SSS Conference will look slightly different this year… Rather than being held in one location only, the SSS Conference will reach every corner of the country and beyond as we bring the tribe together virtually to celebrate 10 Years of Scottish Student Sport.
In an unprecedented year, we are looking forward to the return to sport and a more recognisable way of life. In that respect, we are pleased to announce more details of the 2021 Scottish Student Sport Conference. Having postponed the 2020 event the return of the annual get-together will mark a welcome milestone in the return to normality for the SSS Tribe.
The 2021 event will focus on how student sport can lead the way forward and make significant contributions to the wellbeing of society. With expert contributors from across the world of professional sport, public health, social enterprise and student sport, the SSS Tribe will be challenged and inspired over two action-packed days. Sessions will include high-performance culture, developing active populations and changing lives through sport.
The opening keynote speaker will be Professor Damian Hughes. Damian is the co-host of the High-Performance Podcast and author of several best-sellers including The Barcelona Way and The Winning Mindset. Damian is an international speaker who combines his practical and academic background within sport, organisational development and change psychology, to help organisations and teams to create a high performing culture.
The 2021 Conference will be the most active yet, with a mass participation event aimed at celebrating 10 Years of Scottish Student Sport. We’ll also have contributions from across the Tribe through exclusive special episodes of #SSSPOD.
As part of SSS’ ongoing efforts in sustainability, for every attendee we will plant a tree through Trees for Life. SSS has purchased a grove in the Scottish Highlands and will be able to plant tree’s in the grove for many years to come. Trees for Life’s vision is of a revitalised wild forest in the Highlands of Scotland, providing space for wildlife to flourish and communities to thrive.
📋 Download the full SSS Conference Programme HERE!
Wednesday 9th June
- 09.30 – Welcome to SSS Conference
- 09.45 – Creating a High Performing Culture with Prof. Damian Hughes
- 12.00 – Get out and active over lunch with Part 1 of a SSS Podcast Special
- 13.30 – Active Living Panel and Workshop – featuring Andy Mytom, Kim Atkinson and Ross Cunningham
- 15.30 – BiteSSSize Best Practice – Uni. of Edinburgh Womens Hockey Club
- 16.00 – An audience with Hannah Rankin, former IBO Super-welterwight World Champion
Thursday 10th June
- 09.00 – Celebrating 10 Years of SSS – #Timefor10 Active Challenge and Part 2 of the SSS Podcast Special
- 11.00 – BiteSSSize Best Practice – Here for Sport; CHANGES; Healthy Body Healthy Mind
- 14.00 – Changing Lives through Sport Panel featuring Mel Young, Pam Dewar and Douglas Samuel
- 15.00 – Changing Lives Workshop facilitated by sportscotland’s Changemakers
- 16.30 – Closing Keynote: Craig Burn, Director of Strategy, Policy and Impacts – 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships