Scottish Student Sport has partnered with Scottish Disability Sport to develop the sport and physical activity opportunities that students with a disability have within University and College in Scotland.
The SSS and SDS Partnership Agreement focused on four key areas of work;
- Students with a disability to be more active
- Promote volunteering opportunities
- Building connections and improving relationships
- Training for students and student teachers to attend sport-related courses
In 2018 the development staff of both SSS and SDS met and discussed the partnership and created an action plan for all of us to utilise across Scotland. It has been a fantastic year of work, so far six members are engaged in the development work with their local SSS and SDS Regional member of staff;
- Grampian – Robert Gordon University
- Tayside – Abertay University
- Central – University of Stirling
- South East – University of Edinburgh
- West – University of Strathclyde
- West – University of the West of Scotland
We look forward to continuing to provide more opportunities to students with a disability across Scotland. If you wish to hear more about the Partnership contact your SSS Regional Development Coordinator or if you wish to seek advice for a student, contact a SDS member of staff in your area.