Sunday 19th March 2023
Beginners’ Lacrosse Tournament
University of Stirling Sports Centre, University Rd W, Stirling, FK9 4LA
SS Lacrosse are delighted to bring back the Men’s and Women’s Recreational Festival in March 2023! This event is designed to give players new to the sport, or those who just want to gain a bit of confidence, the chance to play in a low-pressure environment.
Venue: University of Stirling
Date: Sunday 19th March 2023
Eligibility: All players involved must be currently matriculated (as per the SSS Terms and Conditions) and able to show student cards upon request. If you are not part of a student club, you will need to pay to join your Sports Union in order to be covered by insurance.
Entries: Entries are not yet live for this event – please stay tuned!
- Please wear your university or college colours. If not available then please wear a white or dark top and socks.
- Clubs must provide an umpire who is available to help with the tournament. Umpires must be qualified to Level 1 or above and we encourage new umpires to come and gain experience! The name of your umpire should be stated on the entry form or, if they are not a player, please ask them to email the Lacrosse Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clubs must provide a timekeeper (or two) to help run the event. Please encourage them to email email@example.com so Hannah has their name and contact details
Team Entry: Entries aren’t yet open, but when they are, please follow this process:
- Pay to enter your team(s) on the system (See our How To Guide)
- Encourage your players to sign up to SSS Playwaze and join the team, so we know who to expect (see below).
Matches are 10-a-side
If you need to make up players by asking players to join you from another team, please inform the Lacrosse Chair, Hannah Buluwela
Entry Deadline: TBC
Equipment: Please bring warm up balls and sticks with you. SS Lacrosse/Lacrosse Scotland may not have enough to lend each player as stick for the event. Please wear appropriate shoes for a grass pitch
Payment: You will be able to pay by card on this system. If you wish to request support from your Sports Union to cover the cost of your attendance, please click ‘Defer Payment’ and this will send them an invoice request. PLEASE NOTE – you should talk to your Sports Union about financial support BEFORE you sign-up to this event
Contact: All questions about the event should be submitted to the Lacrosse Chair, Hannah Buluwela, on firstname.lastname@example.org