1st December - 13th February 2022
Fencing Shield Tournament Deadline – CANCELLED
The road to the Finals has begun!
Due to lack of entries this event has been cancelled
This year we are excited to see a brand new event join the SS Fencing Programme – the SS Fencing Shield!
Cost: £48 per team
Entry Eligibility: Any student team, of students currently matriculated at a Scottish University or College, is eligible to enter via the SSS Playwaze system. Guests/Non-Students are not eligible to enter.
- Men’s Tournament – 13 teams
- Women’s Tournament – 12 teams
If there is demand for more teams, we are happy to consider a waiting list
Format and Rules: Please click HERE for the breakdown of the tournament set-up and rules. The rounds of the tournament will follow this timeline:
- 1st December – Incomplete L16
- 19th January – L8
- 12th-13th February – Semi-finals and Final (Women’s Semis/Final Saturday, Men’s Semis/Final Sunday)
Finals Venue: The semi-finals and final will take place at Napier alongside the Beginners Championships over 12-13 February 2022
Medals: Medals will be awarded to the top 3 placing Men and Women’s teams
How to Enter:
- Please ensure all students wishing to compete sign up to the SSS Playwaze system by following the steps in this handy guide
- One person should enter a team via the SSS Playwaze system HERE on behalf of their team mates. This would ideally be the role of the Captain, as Playwaze will automatically allocate the role of ‘Captain’ to this person
- All fencers wishing to be part of the team should search for the team and ‘apply’ to join it, so the Captain can ‘accept’ them and ensure they are listed on the team sheet
Entry Deadline: 4pm on 22nd November 2021
Entry Payment: You will be able to pay by card on this entry system. If you wish to request support from your Sports Union to cover the cost of your attendance, please click ‘Defer Payment’ and this will send them an invoice request. PLEASE NOTE – you should talk to your Sports Union about financial support BEFORE you sign-up to this event. No entries will be accepted after the deadline.
SSS Event COVID-19 Guidance: Please note, SSS will ask you to read this Disclaimer and complete this Self-Declaration Form before arrival at each fixture. Your participation is also subject to these Terms and Conditions, which state the protocols which will be followed on the day to keep you, and us, safe. The event will be carried out in accordance with the latest COVID-19 advice from the Scottish Government.
Contact: All enquiries about this event should be directed to Scottish Student Fencing Chair, Matt Pocock, on email@example.com
Social Media: Please like our Facebook Page HERE to stay up-to-date!