Saturday 18th February 2023
Volleyball – Women’s National Squad Trial 2
StrathSport, 160 Cathedral St, Glasgow, G4 0RF
Round 2 of the Scottish Student Women’s Volleyball trials is now available!
Think you have what it takes to compete for a place in the Women’s Volleyball National Squad? Representing the best student players that Scotland has to offer? Trials are open to all students who identify as female to try out!
Eligibility: All trialists should be a currently matriculated student at a SSS-affiliated Scottish University or College as per our Event Terms and Conditions
Trial Locations and Dates:
- Trial 1, Saturday 4th February, 1400-1700, ARC, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Trial 2, Saturday 18th February, 1300-1600, Strathclyde Sport, University of Strathclyde
Cost to Trial: £5 per player (covers the cost of the hall bookings)
Payment: You will be able to pay by card on this system. If you wish to request support from your Sports Union to cover the cost of your attendance, please click ‘Defer Payment’ and this will send them an invoice request. PLEASE NOTE – you should talk to your Sports Union about financial support BEFORE you sign-up to this event
Sign-Up: Please click HERE to sign up. You will need a SSS Playwaze account in order to sign-up (see our How To Guide). See below for the sign-up deadlines
- Glasgow Caledonian Trial – sign-up deadline 4pm, 3rd February
- Strathclyde Trial – sign-up deadline 4pm, 19th February
- You will be asked to provide the name and email address of your usual coach when you sign up to trial, so please have this ready
- Please bring plenty of water and snacks to refuel
- Parking is unavailable at both locations so please consider using public transport
- Players selected for the Squad will be asked to attend the Training Day for the squad which will take place on Sunday 5th March, 1300-1700, ISE, University of Dundee
- Selected players are asked to keep the competition dates free: 19th March and 7th April. More details will be disclosed closer to the time
Terms and Conditions: Your participation is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Contact: All enquiries about this event should be directed to SS Volleyball Women’s Chair, Paul McPate, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Connected: Find us on Facebook and Instagram to keep in touch! Use the hashtag #ScotStuVolleyball to follow the action