Wednesday 26th May 2021
SSS Awards 2020/21 | Now Open!
We are now accepting nominations for the 2020/21 SSS Awards! This year we have revamped our awards line-up with six brand new awards up for grabs! Find out more here.
We are delighted to announce that the SSS 2020/21 Awards are officially open!
This year we are doing things a little bit differently. As opposed to our usual individual and club awards, this year our awards will be based on the SSS values! Given the unusual and challenging year that everyone has faced, we wanted to recognise the incredible work and many success stories across our sector and celebrate the amazing people involved in student sport in Scotland.
The awards will therefore be based on the SSS values and we are looking for nominations for the following categories: Ambitious, Collaborative, Inclusive, Innovative, Responsive, Sustainable, Honorary President’s Medal. An additional eight award, the Dr Rob Macpherson SSS Volunteer of the year award, will be selected by the SSS staff.
We are accepting nominations in the following categories:
- Ambitious – Who is this aimed at? Unsung heroes – juggling multiple projects/things at once.
- Collaborative – Who is this aimed at? Best online learning resource/best practice sharing, coaching and officiating, Zoom webinars.
- Inclusive – Who is it aimed at? An inclusion champion – someone who has made their sport more accessible and available to all.
- Innovative – Who is it aimed at? Those who have been exceptionally innovative and creative – i.e using Zoom workouts, creating new podcasts, performance athlete finding new ways to train.
- Responsive – Who is it aimed at? Examples of best practice in adapting to COVID, new ways of working and flexibility.
- Sustainable – Who is it aimed at? Sustainability champions – people/groups that have incorporated sustainability into their clubs/work.
The above awards can be won by individuals or groups, so please feel free to submit nominations for both outstanding individuals and student sports clubs!
- Honorary Presidents Medal – This award is for any individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to/lasting impact on student sport at a local, regional or national level. Nominees should be regarded as wonderful examples/ advocates of student sport and their behaviour should resonate with the above SSS values.
- The final award is the Dr Rob Macpherson Award. This award differs slightly from the rest of our awards – there are no nominations, instead, the winner is selected by the SSS staff team as opposed to the Executive Committee. The award is aimed at any individual who has made an outstanding contribution to volunteering with Scottish Student Sport.
Check out our 2019/20 award winners here! 🏆
- Nominations for each category should be a maximum of 500 words.
- Institutions can nominate as many groups or individuals in any category as they like.
- Only member institutions can nominate. All member institutions have been sent login details to the online portal where nominations should be submitted.
- Nominations close on MONDAY 7th JUNE at 18:00 and winners will be announced in July as part of the SSS Month of Celebration.
- Please contact Totty with any queries.