Monday 19th April 2021
Scottish Student Climbing Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Climbing Chair to drive the development of student climbing in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Climbing Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with up to 2-3 weekend tournaments
Role duration: Minimum one year – until 30th June 2022
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Climbing.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport within universities and colleges, and building on the relationship with ClimbScotland.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student climbing in Scotland.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, manage a budget, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
Oversee the programme
- Coordinate a meeting for all student climbing club captains at the start and end of the year to plan/review the season
- Promote student climbing competitions and opportunities to clubs
- Oversee climbing programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
Develop the Sport
- Work with SSS and ClimbScotland to establish a Development Plan for SS Climbing, and make realistic plans to achieve those goals
- Develop Student Climbing calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator and ClimbScotland
- Deliver Scottish Student Climbing events, liaising with Competitions Coordinator
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience of student climbing in Scotland
- Knowledge of climbing landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chair Development Day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a minimum term of one year. Individuals may re-stand for the position of Chair. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Jess Barrows, Competitions Coordinator, no later than 5pm on Monday 15th May 2021.
This role description can be downloaded in PDF format HERE
You may also be interested in:BACK TO LIST