Tuesday 7th January 2020
We are looking to recruit a new Scottish Student Football Chair to drive the development of student football in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Football Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 15-20 hours per month, with full day major event opportunities
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Football.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute to a large sports programme and work closely with the Scottish Football Association (SFA).
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening football in Scotland. This will primarily come through overseeing a Football Development Group and the Development Plan that they are charged with managing/delivering.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, budget management, strategic planning, communicating with the student participants and SGB engagement.
- Coordinate the distribution of updated student football handbook/training to all clubs before start of season
- Develop and manage Football Sport Development Plan
- Chair Football Development Group meetings and oversee work of the group to ensure value both to and from members of the group
- Work with Head of Development in ensuring partnership with the SFA is both delivered and developed to ensure ROI to both SSS and the SFA.
- Liaise with Head of Competitions/Development over Football programme budget, advising Development Group of planned expenditure
- Develop Student Football calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator, Head of Development, the SFA, and BUCS
- Support club engagement and development
- Promote activities of Scottish Student Football and clubs and encourage engagement through social media
- Oversee appointment of coaching team and team managers for National Squad programme
- Promote National Squad programme to all student clubs
- Work with Team Managers to identify suitable playing programme for National Squad
- Coordinate an annual review of football programme to be shared with all student clubs
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student football in Scotland
- Knowledge of football landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chairs’ Training day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Chair will be appointed on a voluntary basis for a term of two years, with the option of a 3rd Individuals may re-stand for the position of Chair after this time but applications will be opened to all candidates on a three yearly basis.
Application is by cover letter and CV and should be sent to Nicola Scott, Head of Development, no later than 5pm on Sunday, February 2nd 2020.BACK TO LIST