Friday 30th April 2021
Scottish Student Archery Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Chair for the Scottish Student Archery programme.
Role title: Scottish Student Archery Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable – 10-15 hours per month with 1 full tournament day (Finals Day)
Role Duration: Minimum one year, until 30th June 2022
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the lead volunteer within Scottish Student Archery.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute an exciting and inclusive sports programme and work closely with Scottish Archery.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening archery in Scotland’s Higher Education network.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, manage a budget, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Coordinate meeting(s) for all student Archery Club captains to discuss plans for the year including an end of season review session
- Promote student archery competitions and opportunities to clubs
Develop the Programme:
- Develop and support work on Partnership Agreement with Scottish Archery
- Support club engagement, development and member retention
Deliver Events and League:
- Oversee Archery programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Develop Student Archery calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator, Head of Development and Scottish Archery
- Ensure SSS have access to results, participation numbers and other relevant intel on the programme
Review National Squad Programme
- Liaise with SSS and other teams to review viability of a National Squad programme
- If viable, oversee appointment of coaches and a team manager for each National Squad programme (unless happy to fill one of these roles yourself)
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management
- Experience and knowledge of student archery in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training and Support Available
- Annual Chairs’ Training day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
- Coaching or Officiating qualification preferred but not essential
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Neil Rankin – email@example.com
- Application deadline is 12pm on 21st May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST