Monday 3rd May 2021
Basketball Development Group Member (Students)
We are looking to recruit a new member of the Basketball Development Group to represent Students.
Role title: Basketball Development Group Member (Students)
Responsible to: Basketball Development Group Chair
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Minimum 3-4 meetings per year with further opportunities outside of meetings
Role Duration: Minimum one year, until 30th June 2022
The Basketball Development Group has been established to guide the work of SSS in Basketball.
As the Students representative you will be responsible for ensuring the views of students are raised at the Development Group.
You will assist in ensuring communication channels between the Development Group and colleges is appropriate and regular.
Assist in the organisation of an annual student forum.
As a member, you will work with the rest of the group to create and deliver a development plan across a range of areas including competition, workforce, club development, and publicity.
You will help to set policy for basketball and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time.
Overall, you will represent the interests of all member institutions and student clubs to improve basketball for students in Scotland
- Communicate regularly with student clubs
- Contribute to generation of basketball Sport Development Plan
- Work within group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Drive specific outcomes as agreed by Chair and Development Group
- Gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on Development Group areas of work
- Develop sport specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Currently a student at a Scottish Institution
- Empathy for the needs of student clubs
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student basketball in Scotland
- Knowledge of basketball landscape in Scotland
- Commitment to represent student basketball clubs to drive basketball forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training and Support Available
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Eamonn Laird, SS Basketball Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline is 12pm on 21st May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST