Monday 3rd May 2021
Curling Wellbeing and Inclusion Officer
We are looking to recruit a Wellbeing and Inclusion Officer to join the Scottish Student Curling Development Group.
Role title: Curling Wellbeing and Inclusion Officer
Responsible to: Chair, Scottish Student Curling
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Minimum 3-4 meetings per year with further opportunities outside of meetings
Role Duration: Minimum one year, until 30th June 2022
The Curling Development Group has been established to guide the work of SSS in Curling.
The Wellbeing and Inclusion Officer will support the group in establishing a wider wellbeing and inclusion offer for student curling targeting SSS’s key focus groups.
The role will have a specific role on raising awareness of para-curling and growing participation by people with disabilities.
You will communicate with student clubs to help promote any opportunities and collect feedback where appropriate.
You will help to set policy for curling and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time.
Overall, you will represent the interests of all member institutions and student clubs to improve curling for students in Scotland.
- Work with Scottish Curling to upskill clubs in engaging and supporting curlers with disabilities
- Share wellbeing resources with clubs and act as a point of contact of club wellbeing and/or inclusion officers
- Work within group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Drive specific outcomes as agreed by Chair and Development Group
- Gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on Development Group areas of work
- Develop sport specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- An understanding of the barriers to participation in curling and empathy for affected individuals
- Passion for improving the wellbeing of students and student curlers
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student curling in Scotland
- Knowledge of curling landscape in Scotland
- Commitment to represent student curling clubs to drive curling forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training and Support Available
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Neil Rankin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline is 12pm on 21st May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST