Monday 19th April 2021
Scottish Student Cycling Communications Officer
We are looking to recruit a new Communications Officer for the ScotStuCycling programme.
Role title: Scottish Student Cycling Communications Officer
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Minimum 3-4 meetings per year with preferred attendance at 3-6 SS Cycling competitions
Role Duration: Minimum one year until 30th June 2022. Opportunity to re-stand for a role on the Development Group, even to succeed as Chair (if the role is available)
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act one of the main volunteers within Scottish Student Cycling programme.
The Communications Officer will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport and building on the relationship with Scottish Cycling.
As the Communications Officer your main responsibility will be to support the SS Cycling Chair and SSS by publicising the sport and its activity (e.g. posting on social media channels).
Your other responsibilities are taking minutes from the SS Cycling Meetings, ensuring regular communication between the Chairs and clubs, promotion of club activities via the SS Cycling channels, promotion of Scottish Cycling material and working with the SSS Communications Coordinator on the general promotion of Cycling as a whole.
Furthermore, as a SS Cycling Development Group member you will work with the rest of the group to create and deliver a development plan across a range of areas beyond publicity: competition, workforce, club development and inclusion.
You will help to set policy for SS Cycling and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time.
Overall, you will represent the interests of all member institutions and student clubs to improve Cycling for students in Scotland.
- Creation of any additional appropriate platforms required to engage with students
- Responsible for all Scottish Student Cycling social media channels
- Regularly update social media channels
- Promote great work happening in Scottish Student Cycling clubs
- Work within development group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Drive specific outcomes as agreed by Chair and SS Cycling Development Group
- Gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on SS Cycling Development Group areas of work
- Help to develop sport specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Experience of using social media to promote a club/organisation
- Empathy for the needs of student clubs
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student Cycling in Scotland
- Knowledge of Cycling landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Desirable Skills, Qualities and Experience (not essential)
- Photography experience
- Videography experience
- Access to camera
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid
- Initial appointment will be for 1 year with the intention for the successful candidate to be interest in taking on the role of Chair in 2021/22 (if the role is vacant)
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
- Coaching or Officiating qualification preferred but not essential
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Competitions Coordinator, Jess Barrows, on email@example.com
- Application deadline is 5pm on 14th May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE
You may also be interested in:BACK TO LIST