Monday 19th April 2021
Scottish Student Cycling Vice Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Vice Chair for the ScotStuCycling programme.
Role title: Scottish Student Cycling Vice Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 5-10 hours a month and, in addition, 4-6 full days at SSS Cycling Events (Criterium Championships is mandatory)
Role Duration: Minimum one year until 30th June 2022. Opportunity to re-stand for a role on the Development Group, especially to succeed as Chair (if the role is available)
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the vice chair volunteer within Scottish Student Cycling programme.
The Vice Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport and building on the relationship with Scottish Cycling.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student cycling in Scotland.
The selected individual will be one of the key figures in the drive towards improving and strengthening student cycling in Scotland as part of the SS Cycling Development Group.
The Vice Chair will work with SSS staff and the Chair to support the coordination of event delivery, feed in to strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Assist the Chair with the development of the SSS Cycling Series
- Lead on virtual participation projects/activities e.g. Zwift Meet-Ups or Virtual Time Trials
- Support Captains’ Meetings held during the year to check in with clubs
- Help promote student cycling competitions and development opportunities to clubs
- Assist in the organisation of the SS Cycling Criterium Championships (attendance mandatory)
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience in event management (not essential)
- Experience of student cycling in Scotland
- Knowledge of the cycling scene in Scotland
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid
- Initial appointment will be for 1 year with the intention for the successful candidate to be interest in taking on the role of Chair in 2021/22 (if the role is vacant)
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
- Coaching or Officiating qualification preferred but not essential
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Competitions Coordinator, Jess Barrows, on email@example.com
- Application deadline is 5pm on 14th May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE
You may also be interested in:
Scottish Student Cycling Communications OfficerBACK TO LIST