Thursday 22nd April 2021
Scottish Student Football Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Chair for the Scottish Student Football programme.
Role title: Scottish Student Football Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with the expectation to attend Football Finals Day, Conference Finals plus optional others.
Role Duration: Minimum one year, until 30th June 2022
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an experienced, ambitious and committed individual to act as the Chair within the Scottish Student Football programme.
The Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards growing the sport within universities and colleges, building a relationship with the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and other stakeholders, and leading the work of the Football Development Group.
The selected individual will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student football in Scotland.
The Chair will work with SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, manage a budget, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
Oversee the programme
- Coordinate at least two Captains Meetings per academic year to support club development and grow engagement
- Promote student football competitions and opportunities to clubs
- Oversee football programme budget, managed by Head of Competitions
- Support Team Managers in planning for National Squads
Develop the Sport
- Creation of a Development Plan to guide the work and responsibilities of Development Group members
- Coordinate at least three Development Group meetings per academic year
- Support SSS staff in the recruitment of new Development Group members
- Drive growth of all forms of football, and support SSS and SFA toward strategic goals
- Review competitions and events schedule to ensure the delivery of competitive offering for student football
- Support the planning of student finals including Football Finals Day (Women’s Cup and Queen’s Park Shield), Conference Finals and College National Finals
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Experience of student football in Scotland
- Knowledge of football landscape in Scotland
- Experience in event management
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid
- The initial appointment will be for 1 year starting June 2021
- Coaching or Officiating qualification preferred but not essential
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Neil Rankin – email@example.com
- Application deadline is 12pm on 14th May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST