Monday 26th April 2021
Scottish Student Lacrosse Vice Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Vice Chair for the ScotStuLacrosse programme.
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with optional 2 full-day tournaments
Role Duration: Minimum one year until 30th June 2022. Opportunity to re-stand for a role on the Development Group, especially to succeed as Chair (if the role is available)
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the governing body for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the Vice Chair volunteer within the Scottish Student Lacrosse programme.
The Vice Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards developing Lacrosse alongside Lacrosse Scotland and will be a key figure in the drive towards improving and strengthening student Lacrosse in Scotland.
The Vice Chair will work with the SS Lacrosse Chair and SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers, and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Assist with Programme Management
- Attend all student Lacrosse club captain meetings
- Take minutes at all student Lacrosse club captain meetings
- Help promote student Lacrosse competitions and opportunities to clubs, plus results and wider activity
Help develop the sport;
- Develop relationship and work on goals set out Partnership Agreements with Lacrosse Scotland and other associations
- Promote and celebrate student Lacrosse
- Lead the development of equality and inclusion actions within SS Lacrosse
- Assist introduction of more student development opportunities with the assistance of SSS staff and other parties
- Help develop SS Lacrosse calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator and Lacrosse Scotland.
Support event delivery;
- Support SS Lacrosse Chair and Competitions Coordinator with organisation of SS Lacrossecompetitions
- Attend and aid delivery of the SS Lacrosse competitions
- Assist with SSS medal and branding logistics for each SS Lacrosse event
- Ensure SSS has results and participant data from each event
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience;
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Experience in event management (not essential)
- Experience of student lacrosse in Scotland
- Knowledge of the lacrosse scene in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Social media experience
- Photography and/or videography experience
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid
- The initial appointment will be for 1 year with the intention for the successful candidate to be interested in taking on the role of Chair in 2021/22 if the role is vacant, otherwise, the Vice Chair will be allowed to stand again if they wish
- Driving license preferred but not essential
- Coaching or Officiating qualification preferred but not essential
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Regional Development Coordinator, Eilidh Paterson on email@example.com.
- Application deadline is Sunday 16th May 2021
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST