Monday 3rd May 2021
Scottish Student Polo Vice-Chair
We are looking to recruit a new Vice-Chair for the ScotStuPolo programme.
Role title: Scottish Student Polo Vice-Chair
Responsible to: Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable, 10-15 hours per month, with optional 2 full-day tournaments
Role Duration: Minimum one year until 30th June 2022. Opportunity to re-stand for a role on the Development Group, especially to succeed as Chair (if the role is available)
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as the Vice-Chair volunteer within the Scottish Student Polo programme.
The Vice-Chair will enjoy an excellent opportunity to contribute towards developing Polo and be a key figure towards improving and strengthening student Polo in Scotland.
The Vice-Chair will work with the SS Polo Chair and SSS staff to coordinate event delivery, participate in strategic planning, communicate with student participants, support event volunteers, and improve both SGB engagement & club development.
- Assist with Programme Management
- Attend all student Polo club captain meetings
- Take minutes at all student Polo club captain meetings
Help promote student Polo competitions and opportunities to clubs, plus results and wider activity
Help develop the sport;
- Develop relationship and work on goals set out with HPA and other associations
- Promote and celebrate student Polo
- Assist introduction of student development opportunities with the assistance of SSS staff and other parties
- Help develop SS Polo calendar, in conjunction with Competitions Coordinator and venues.
Support event delivery;
- Support SS Polo Chair and Competitions Coordinator with organisation of SS Polo competitions
- Attend and aid delivery of the SS Polo competitions
- Assist with SSS medal and branding logistics for each SS Polo event
Ensure SSS has results and participant data from each event
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience;
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Experience of student Polo in Scotland
- Knowledge of the Polo landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- The role is a voluntary position although reasonable expenses will be paid.
- The initial appointment will be for 1 year with the intention for the successful candidate to be interested in taking on the role of Chair in 2021/22 if the role is vacant, otherwise, the Vice-Chair will be allowed to stand again if they wish
- Driving license preferred but not essential
- Application is by CV and cover letter, sent to Regional Development Coordinator, Eilidh Paterson on email@example.com.
- The application deadline is Sunday 23rd May 2021.
The full role description can be downloaded HERE.BACK TO LIST