Monday 12th December 2022
Tennis Coaching Development Officer
We are looking to recruit a Scottish Student Tennis Coaching Development Officer to drive the development of student tennis in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Tennis Coaching Development Officer
Responsible to: SS Tennis Chair
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable: Minimum 3-4 meetings per year with further opportunities outside of meetings
Role duration:One year – until June 2023. Potential to stand on Development Group again, in this role or another vacant role
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as one of the lead volunteers within Scottish Student Tennis.
The Coaching Development Officer will work closely with SSS, Tennis Scotland and other relevant organisations to develop a concept for Coachin’ Brilliant offers for SS Tennis.
As part of the Tennis Development Group, you will also work to create and deliver a development plan across a range of areas aside from coaching development e.g. competitions, club development and publicity. You will help to set new policies for tennis and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time.
Overall, you will be part of a group set-up to represent, and develop, tennis for students in Scotland.
- Contribute to generation of SS Tennis Sport Development Plan
- Work within group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Develop level of coaching in SS Tennis and a coaching community
- Support clubs with accreditations
- Offer online workshops/webinars for coaches, enhancing personal and club development
- Drive specific outcomes as agreed by Chair and Development Group
- Gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on Development Group areas of work
- Develop sport specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Have attended a tennis coaching course
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student tennis in Scotland
- Knowledge of tennis landscape in Scotland
- Commitment to represent student tennis clubs to drive tennis forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- SSS staff will support in all aspects
The Coaching Development Officer will be appointed on a voluntary basis until 30th June 2023. Individuals may re-stand for the position or for another vacant role at the end of their term. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
CV and Cover Letter to be sent to Sean Berthelsen, SSS Competitions Assistant Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role can be viewed HERE
You May Also Be Interested In: Scottish Student Tennis Community Engagement OfficerBACK TO LIST