Monday 3rd May 2021
Tennis Communications Officer
We are looking to recruit a Scottish Student Tennis Communications Officer to drive the development of student tennis in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Tennis Communications Officer
Responsible to: SSS Head of Competitions
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable: Minimum 3-4 meetings per year with preferred attendance at 1-5 SS Tennis competitions. Up to 6 hours a week for social media purposes
Role duration: Until 30th June 2022
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as one of the lead volunteers within Scottish Student Tennis.
As the Communications Officer you will be responsible for organising and guiding the development group’s efforts to publicise itself, the sport and student activity (e.g. posting on social media channels).
Your other responsibilities are taking minutes from the Development Group Meetings, ensuring regular communication between the Development Group and clubs, promotion of club activities via the SS Tennis channels, and working with the SSS Communications Coordinator on the general promotion of Tennis
Furthermore, as a Development Group member you will work with the rest of the group to create and deliver a development plan across a range of areas beyond publicity: competition, workforce, club development and inclusion.
You will help to set policy for SS Tennis and may be asked to lead on any specific projects being delivered at the time.
Overall, you will represent the interests of all member institutions and student clubs to improve tennis for students in Scotland.
- Responsible for Scottish Student Tennis social media channels
- Regularly update social media channels and SS Tennis webpage content
- Promote great work happening in Scottish Student Tennis clubs
- Work within group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Drive specific outcomes as agreed by Chair and Development Group
- Gather feedback from student clubs and member institutions on Development Group areas of work
- Develop sport specific policy to improve student experience across all relevant areas of SSS work
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Experience of using social media to promote a club/organisation
- Empathy for the needs of student clubs
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student tennis in Scotland
- Knowledge of tennis landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Photography experience
- Videography experience
- Access to camera
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chair Development Day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Communications Officer will be appointed on a voluntary basis until 30th June 2022. Individuals may re-stand for the position or for another vacant role at the end of their term. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
CV and Cover Letter to be sent to Jess Barrows, SSS Competitions Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 4th June 2021
This role can be downloaded in PDF format HERE
You May Also Be Interested In:BACK TO LIST