Monday 3rd May 2021
Tennis Community Engagement Officer
We are looking to recruit a Scottish Student Tennis Community Engagement Officer to drive the development of student tennis in Scotland.
Role title: Scottish Student Tennis Community Engagement Officer
Responsible to: SS Tennis Chair
Where (location): Various within Scotland
Time commitment: Variable: Minimum 3-4 meetings per year with preferred attendance at 1-5 SS Tennis competitions.
Role duration: Until 30th June 2022
Scottish Student Sport (SSS), the organisation for student sport in Scotland, is seeking an energetic and committed individual to act as one of the lead volunteers within Scottish Student Tennis.
The Community Engagement Officer will work closely with SSS and Tennis Scotland to agree, and communicate progress on, the SS Tennis Development Group’s Development Plan.
The SS Tennis Development Plan will cover across a range of areas such as competitions, coaching development, club development and publicity. You will help to set new policies for tennis and may be asked to lead on specific projects such as delivering the SS Tennis Landscape Survey and supporting the SS Tennis Coaching Network.
Overall, you will be part of a group set-up to represent, and develop, tennis for students in Scotland.
- Contribute to generation of long-term SS Tennis Sport Development Plan and sport-specific policy
- Work with group to identify key areas of work for coming year
- Identify areas for collaboration with Tennis Scotland and their specific aims
- Drive specific outcomes asked of you by Chair
- Assist analysis of feedback received from the student club Landscape Survey to drive and adapt the work of the SS Tennis Development Group
- Support the other SS Tennis Development Group members with their projects, especially which interlink with your own remit e.g. the SS Tennis Coaches Network
Required Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Empathy for the needs of student clubs
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Experience of student tennis in Scotland
- Knowledge of tennis landscape in Scotland
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Training & Support Available
- Annual Chair Development Day hosted by SSS
- Any relevant CPD courses/experience as identified by Chair and Head of Competitions
- Named staff member within SSS
The Community Engagement Officer will be appointed on a voluntary basis until 30th June 2022. Individuals may re-stand for the position or for another vacant role at the end of their term. All reasonable expenses incurred undertaking the role will be reimbursed in line with SSS policy.
CV and Cover Letter to be sent to Jess Barrows, SSS Competitions Coordinator, on email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 4th June 2021
This role can be downloaded in PDF format HERE
You May Also Be Interested In:BACK TO LIST